So far...

Friday 16 September 2011

I just had a full first week of school. How was it?

Let's see. My Time-based class has a new professor. Maybe it's an Asian thing, but even through the fragmented English grammar, I totally get the things he says/ ideas that he's trying to convey. I think he's growing on me, haha. But here's what I had to do for the first week of class:





Untitled from Melody Wai on Vimeo



 
Hopefully it works. If it doesn't, you can always check it out through my course blog. Yet another blog, I know. But I was required to make a Wordpress blog so I had no choice. Then again, I'm not sure if I really want my class to be reading this blog. Not that it really matters. I guess I just don't think the name and purpose really suit the class, given the option was available to use any platform. Anyway, that's not really important. If you want to read up the thoughts behind that small exercise, you can see the 3-5 paragraph long explanation below, which you probably noticed by now.

Aside from Time-based, Info Des 2 and Com Des 2, I have a feeling I'll enjoy too. Not only is it because of the people that are in my class (they give off such a good vibe :D), but also because these classes have term projects instead, and I'm pretty excited for them, even if there will be a great amount of work and effort involved.

I'm also setting personal goals to try and learn new things. Things like incorporating 3D stuff in my work (because a, my dad keeps telling me to learn and b, it will add something interesting to my work that you won't normally see) and other stuff that I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)

Design and Information Architecture, I like the professor so far, I'm just not quite sure how I really want to make my work. I mean, ya, this is web-based stuff and I've grown accustomed to it, but for some reason, this course seems blurrier (... is that even in the right context?) in terms of how I envision myself and my success compared to the other courses. Maybe I just don't have the right mindset yet? I don't know. I'll have to churn something out tonight and tomorrow night... if I find time to squeeze in after a friend's birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment