Catching Up is Always Hard to Do...

Thursday 17 November 2011

Sort of. Not really. School maybe. I feel like I've had a lot of instances this year in which I lagged behind; partially because I felt the need to redo a project/assignment or be... no it's solely because I had to redo stuff. But sooner or later, it will all be over because in two weeks, there's Christmas break! In the meantime, I shall recall other recent happenings with pictures because everybody loves looking at pictures :)

Regretfully, I had not received pictures of the butter chicken I had (proudly) made all by myself since I forgot my camera that day and I had to borrow a phone to take those pictures. I shall get those soon!

I do however, have a few pictures of my recent adventure to the International Centre for the DesignCity expo(?) that happened last Saturday. Big name printers like Epson, HP, Fujifilm and Heidelberg were there, as well as an assortment of printing services (though most are not retail), paper companies like Coast Paper and Spicer (damnit, I'm still kind of sad I couldn't get any samples from them) and some presentations like live software tutorials were there. I even met the lady of the Mississauga branch of Keng Seng, whom I haven't seen in the longest time. She's still as nice as ever :)
Being a total loser and marvelling at the display of clean design

This company based in Québec specializes in button machinery/ button making, lanyards, keychains  and plastic bracelets...

Heidelberg's heavy duty printing press

And their die cutter....

Foamcore being cut

Paint displays?

More printing machinery...

Fujifilm printing marvel comic book posters... too bad they stopped printing when I was waiting in line




Somebody was building this stack of cards. T'was pretty awesome.


Ernest Green's die-cutter machinery was cutting this foamcore of assorted characters when it broke. Again I was in line waiting at the time. What is up with me lining up and not getting stuff?! Must be my stroke of luck that day...

One of the winners of the International Awards

Taking pictures of the vast airport field while waiting for the bus...


Yep, that reflection of that yellow bag was the bag I was carrying... full of stuff!

I didn't want to take a picture of all the magazines, flyers and pamphlets I got so I decided to take a picture of the more exciting things like this colour paper sample

Oooooohhh shiny foil :D


No comments:

Post a Comment