Sniff

Friday 6 January 2012

Best way to start the new year? Being sick and spending new years alone. Not. I'll admit, each year I try my hardest to not get into this situation in the first place, but it just so happens that me freaking out during the holiday break was probably the catalyst to this. And maybe my messed up sleeping schedule (ironic isn't it?). So while I hope I don't have to spend nights helplessly coughing my throat like mad anymore, I shall update about other things in my life.

School just started yesterday, into what would be "careers class" but in Design form. I can't say that I'm stoked for this class, to say the least, but it does give me the opportunity to sit beside my friends that I've hardly seen last semester. I am looking forward to Mondays though — Type in Motion seems fun, and I'm excited for the possibilities of adding projects from there in my portfolio. Speaking of which, I'm still in the works of getting that done (no thanks to my sickness) so bear with me.

Inbetween getting sick and the last few days of the holiday, I managed to pick up a book called The Awakening by Kate Chopin. It's basically about a woman who subverts societal norms and the consequences of that. I don't know anyone who wants to read this book, however, upon reading the synopsis and the first 20 pages of the book, I so called it who the protagonist was going to fall for. Hmmm... maybe I said too much? Anyway, hurray for feeding the lack of literacy in my life :P

No comments:

Post a Comment