It's the end of the week, the end of the week, it's....

Friday 18 July 2014

Wongfu Weekends!

Hahah I wish. I still have yet to meet those three extraordinarily talented individuals. *sigh* One day, one day.

Anyway, it is Friday, and not only is it something to look forward to because I don't have to scramble around my room to wear something work appropriate, but this weekend looks promising. Not that last weekend was any bad either, it's just that when I have a Summerlicious dinner to look forward to and possibly brunch with two friends (the closest co-workers I've had from my previous work) that I miss dearly, I can't help but smile at what's to come.

In the meantime, I shall share a couple of things I found inspirational, of which the first one is today's Google sketch. If you haven't seen it already, you should. It's a tribute to Nelson Mandela made from a series of illustrations. And I know that everyone knows at least a bit about him, but his words that were animated in this tribute were powerful and uplifting, reminding everyone that they should have the right to live peacefully, no matter what race they are. The animations were well paced, and the movement of the typography enticed me to keep clicking on the next button. It certainly leaves a good feeling to start the day with you know?

As for the second piece of inspiration, it comes in the form of this video:


I used to think Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines was done in absolutely poor taste, especially when I tend to associate the man with Miley Cyrus'  highly inappropriate performance for whatever award show it was that they were in. This video however, shed in some new light that isn't so bad. It also resonates with me because I tend to be a grammar Nazi, so I die every time I see a literary offense made. The worst would be the kinds that shouldn't even be made, the kind that is rudimentary spelling and grammar. It's not to say that I don't commit any "word crimes" at all; I just tend to be extra critical in nature because English wasn't my primary language, and I knew that I always had difficulty with tenses back in school. If there was someone who was even more grammar Nazi than I was and was willing to help me improve, I'd gladly accept their advice.

In the meantime, just enjoy the video, and hope you'll have a great weekend also :)


No comments:

Post a Comment