Bang Bang

Monday 11 May 2015

With the weather in Canada finally warming/lighting up, I couldn't contain the excitement that was to go and eat some frozen desserts. It has always been a tradition for my homeslice and I (even if the weather was cold, haha) and honestly, I hadn't seen him since archery tag for my uber belated birthday celebration, so we decided to meet up about two weeks ago.




Bang Bang Ice Cream has been quite the buzz last year, as their specialties seem to lie in a) the ability to customize your giant ice cream sandwich, b) a combination of basic and unique flavors, c) vegan options and d) (inevitably my favourite, but...) having the choice to have a different kind of waffle cone.




I first knew about this place when I saw Minh's instagram about it. I once had an obsessive phase over ice cream sandwiches (classic Klondike, woot woot!), but what really drew me in was another classmate's instagram photo of the egg waffle cone.

I haven't had egg waffles since the last time I went to Pacific Mall, which felt like eons ago. So naturally, I gravitated towards that option, even if the price damaged my wallet a bit more ($8.50 overall). This is what I got:


My choice of flavour was avocado. If you've followed my blog for awhile, you'll know that avocados are one of my favourite foods to eat. Despite the price, I don't regret it a single bit. The taste of the ice cream pretty much melted in my mouth, and stayed true to the subtleness that is the flavour of avocado. Actually, it was a little sweeter than what I'm normally used to in a real avocado, but it wasn't so sweet that it felt like artificial flavour. The cone itself made the experience all the better, as the juxtaposition of a warm, crunchy yet soft cone with chilly smooth ice cream made for a unique one as opposed to just a regular waffle cone.

Only thing is, Bang Bang is located in Ossington, which is a little out of the way. It's situated in a charming hipster-esque street, so if you felt like exploring different parts of Toronto outside of the usual Dundas Square area, this would be right up your alley. The storefront is also easy to miss, as there is no overhead sign with their name on it. But I guess that's the charm of it, right?

On an unrelated note** I will be updating this blog **hopefully** in the next week or so, so look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment